Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Learning Blog


In regards to this unit, I think that I have came a long way. I feel that I have a great topic 
for my news article that is more than relevant to the students here at ISU. My rubric is 
complete as well as my sources. I have learned a lot so far in this class. I realized that 
blogs are actually an interesting way to communicate one’s own work and just to 
communicate with others and  view their work as well. It is a very efficient tool and I 
honestly can say that this is the first time I have ever worked with blogs. I have also 
learned how to analyze news articles and how to tell if one is legit and informational by doing the in-class  exercise on analyzing the writings from our email with our groups. Along the way, I have also learned how to critique work and gather notes for my topic. The peer evaluations we have done have also helped me understand the concept of positively critiquing another students' work and not just grading it following a rubric. I am used to the idea of having a set structure or syllabus of what is asked for on assignments like in high school. Something that I am still having trouble with is organizing notes from articles I have chosen and implementing them into my own unique idea. Another thing is how exactly our rubrics should look like and what content should be on. I noticed that in our peer review groups we all had a totally different rubric 
outline. I also think that I comprehend things better by reading your blogs or looking at all of our 
handouts, and class slides if I ever get stuck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment