Thursday, February 16, 2012

Learning Blog #2

At the beginning of this unit I thought that understanding what to do without following a rubric or outline, was tough. I later learned that thinking things through thoroughly and evaluating the information I have has helped me. For example, the examples you gave us on your learning blog, have helped me analyze articles similar to the ones you gave us. Developing the structure as well as how to apply its characteristics to our own. Eventually I realized that peer sessions as well, especially over our articles the second time, have helped me greatly. At first, I was worried about someone else looking at my work and not necessarily looking at my information or setup, but more on grammar and punctuation. I now know that I am not being critiqued, but rather being told of the good parts about my article and what I could do to improve it. Now that my article is finally done, I feel that this concept of researching for articles, analyzing them, and then developing my own, has improved. I have also become more informed on my own topic that is important to me, just by doing the interview for my article. Especially, since I am used to writing essays and papers on different topics like in past english classes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glat that you've gotten something out of peer review and that the information from my learning blog has helped you. I would like to see a bit more depth in this blog. That is, when mentioning examples, really go into your process of learning. I would also like you to better consider how it was to actually sit down and write the article after having all of this new structure. What was it like? What struggles did you have? What did you learn from that experience?

    ReplyDelete